Passau-Linz-Vienna by boat
The 297 km long section belongs to the most diverse parts of the entire
2880 km long river course. From 1837 to 1995 the old DDSG has gone there.
Our offer for you
from € 198,- with Austrian railway ride Vienna-Passau (free train choice)
Tour dates 2015
each Thursday July 2 - August 27, as well as May 1 (Friday) and May 14 (Thursday)
1st day (Thursday):
Boarding at 1.20 pm, 1.45 pm departure of the boat from Passau
While shipping to Engelhartszell, 2-course lunch on board. Stop in Engelhartszell (3.15 pm to 4.15 pm) and guided tour through the monastery.
Passing the Schlögener Schlinge to Obermühl (traditional reception with cannon shots, bras band,
unsalted bread and „Most“ which is typical austrian kind of cider). 4-course dinner on board between
Aschach and Linz. Arrival approx. at 8.45 pm in Linz. Transfer to the booked 4☼☼☼☼-Hotel Schillerpark or Park Inn.
2nd day (Friday):
Breakfast at your hotel. 08.30 am departure of our MS Kaiserin Elisabeth in Linz.
Stop at Ybbs (12.45 am – 2.00 pm) with a concert at the town hall. While cruising to Melk, snack for lunch on board.
From Dürnstein further on to Vienna with 4-course dinner.
At approx. 10.30 pm arrival in Vienna-Nussdorf. Home journey
Afterwards individual journey home or transfer to the 4☼☼☼☼ hotel (if additional night or rather additional package booked)
- ride with Austiran Railway from Vienna-Passau (free train choice, 2nd class)
- boat tour Passau – Linz/Linz – Vienna
- program in Engelszell, Obermühl and Ybbs
- 1 x overnight, breakfast in 4☼☼☼☼ Hotels Schillerpark, Park Inn oder Arcotel Nike
- 2 x 2-course-lunch
- 2 x 4-course-dinner on board
Discounts on the regular price (look price list), can not be combined with other special reductions:
Groups: from 8 full paying person 5 % reduction, from 15 persons 7 %, from 21 persons 10 % reductions including visit of the wheelhouse of the boat if wished
Children: up to 5,9 years children are free, up to 11,9 years 50 % reduction, up to 14,9 years 25% reduction, max. 1 child per two adults in doubleroom
My name is KAISERIN ELISABETH; my ideal measures: 57 m long, 10,63 m wide, 7,5 m over the water line and 1,35 m draught. Longest counter length of all Danube ships (31 m); air conditioning, 3 decks, max. 600 persons, large sundecks with deck chairs. 2 bars, 2 restaurants, 31 people board staff care for your well-beeing. Most modern nautical equipment like turn radius indicator, Schottel-360°-propeller, bow thruster, sonar, radar, and so on.
Your departure possibilities
GPS: 1190 Vienna, Heiligenstädterstraße 219 (250 m away from the boat); parking, railway street (on the south station Nußdorf).
Arrival with public transport:
By U4 till Heiligenstadt, Bus number 239 (every 15 minutes) to Nußdorf, 400 m from the boat away, or D-coach (runs till 0.35) till Nußdorf square
Tram line 40 to Nußdorf
Spittelau from 8.04 am (every day)/ 8.34 (only Monday-Saturday) Vienna-Nußdorf, arriving at 8.10/8.40 am; 250 m away from the boat, back Vienna-Nußdorf at 22.15 pm/23.15 pm (every day), duration 6 min
Arrival by car
From the Gürtel (passing the opera house) to the ending of the University of Economics and Business Administration in direction Klosterneuburg.
Along Brigittenauer Lände (B227) , exit Klosterneuburg B 14, drive slowly!
Exit green sign „Lagerplatz MA-28“
At Brigittenauer Sporn right and then cross the bridge Schemerlbrücke, left till Eisenbahnstraße (railway street).
Coming from the city center along “Heiligenstädterstraße direction Nußdorf, at Plachutta corner /sign “Schiffsanlegestelle” (shipping pier) right to Sichenberggasse.
Access for coaches max. 10 minutes before departure. Only holding while entry and exit (the same for the pick up)
- Vienna Hilton-Danube Waterfront (only at Bratislava tours, from 5 persons/hotel guests, announce at booking) U2 in direction Seestadt till Stadium, exit Vorgartenstraße (towards the direction of travel) - pedestrian crossing - entry Steinplattenweg - entry half left to the bridge (200m walk)
- Bratislava – near old town, pedestrian zone (300 m), directly on the bike trail to Hainburg
- Devin (Theben/Marchmündung) – 300 m Danube river promenade to the castle entrance , 9 km bike trail till Schloss Hof.
- Hainburg – 19 km bike trail starting pedestrian zone Bratislava, ideal for family tours bike/boat
- Krems – shipping pier number 33
- Dürnstein – directly, pier number 20
- Melk - main stream (“Hauptstrom”), 1.8 km from the center, pier 7 or 8, oxbow lake at upstream ( 900m to the railway station, good for a walk)
- Linz – Urfahrmarkt (with parking space, tram 1 and 2, stop Wildbergstraße/250 m)
- Passau - shipping pier 2 (near Luitpold Bridge, old town)