- You will stay in concretely defined hotels.
- The 1st long-distance cycle route in Europe was the idea of our management.
- The “Danube experience ticket” is a real hit! It includes for example coffee stop, historical theatre, garden exhibition and wine tasting.
Arrival on Friday till Monday, from May 6th to October 9th
Off season: May 6th, October 1st to 9th
Low season: May 7th to 29th, June 20th to 30th, September 5th to 30th
High season: May 30th to June 19th & July 1st to September 4th
- 305-337 km bike
- 95 % car free roads, flat bike path, 5 % secondary roads and main through-roads
- for many the most beautiful bike path in Europe
Please note that the official hygiene regulations and protective measures for COVID19 of the respective countries or federal states apply. For this reason, we ask you to obtain information directly on the website of the hotels according to your sent hotel list regarding their measures and offer changes concerning the hotel infrastructure and catering.
- Cycle path quality
to Passau. Handover of rental bikes at the Donau Touristik Infopoint or at your arrival hotel. Parking space close to the bike rental.Day 2, Wesenufer/Schlögen (40 km)
Via Obernzell and Engelhartszell (Abbey) to the landscape highlight Schlögener Schlinge.Day 3, Linz (56 km)
Romantically through the hardly populated narrow valley to Aschach; via Eferding (castle, church) to the EU capital of culture 2009. An additional night allows for extensive sightseeing including vouchers with a total value of € 20.- for many stores, cafés and restaurants.Day 4, Wallsee/Grein (48/60 km)
Up to the Pöstlingberg with the steepest adhesion-railway of Europe. Bike tour to Enns, the oldest town in Austria, by ferry to Mauthausen and the day's destination.Day 5, Maria Taferl/Marbach (58/46 km)
Through the region "Strudengau" with the romantic "Hößgang" to Ybbs and to the daily destination, the second largest pilgrimage city of Austria or Marbach.Day 6, Krems (49 km)
Past Melk (abbey) to Spitz, by ferry to Arnsdorf and further on into the UNESCO-world-heritage-city Krems.Day 7, Vienna (59/74 km)
Into the city of flowers Tulln and further on to Höflein. Return of rental bikes (except E-Bikes) and by metro (Half-hourly service, approx. € 6.- payable on spot) to the centre of Vienna or by bike to the hotel.Day 8, Journey home
On Saturday and Sunday return by bus from hotel in Vienna; remaining days (Monday to Friday) by train (2nd class/free choice of train, 2-hour intervals) with luggage transfer from hotel Vienna to Passau. Bringing your own bikes daily; € 24.00 per person on site (without transport insurance) with the bus ride or by dropping off on the return day.
- 7 x overnight stay incl. breakfast buffet
- Luggage service to Vienna incl. liability up to € 700.- per person, rental bike & saddle bag
- Private parking space in Passau (unguarded)
- Danube-Experience ticket with a value of € 110.- per room
- 2 x ferry ticket incl. bike according to program
- Return transfer per bus/train according to route
- Info package incl. tour map
- GPS-Data of the tour if required
- 7-days service line
partly local taxes up to € 2.50 per person and night, train ride Pöstlingberg
Our Danube coupon booklet includes the following vouchers:
- 1x coffee and cake in chosen cafè
- Admission to the theatre in Grein
- Admission to garden exhibition in Tulln
- Wine tasting in Klosterneuburg