The parish and pilgrimage church of Maria Taferl dates from 1660 to 1710. The dome of the baroque master builder Jakob Prandtauer, who is also responsible for the construction and design of the Melk Abbey, is famous. The pilgrimage church is under the authority of the Order of the Immaculate Virgin Mary - OMJ. The basilica, the terraced monastery garden with its rosarium, the Marian garden, the herb garden and the fruit and vegetable garden can be visited.
The opening hours of the basilica are daily from 07:00 to 19:00, masses are organized on Sundays and holidays at 07:00, 08:30, 10:00, 11:30 and 18:00.
(c) Elisabeth Storer