- You will stay in specificly defined hotels.
- The 1st long-distance cycle route in Europe was the idea of our management.
- The danube experience ticket is a real highlight! It includes for example coffee stop, historical theatre, garden exhibition and wine tasting.
Arrival on Friday till Monday, from April 28th to October 8th
Off season: April 28th to 30th and October 1st to 8th
Low season: May 1st to 19th, June 23th to 30th and September 8th to 30th
High season: May 20th to June 19th and July 1st to September 4th
The light blue dates in the calendar are very popular dates. These can be booked online, but there may be surcharges or hotel or location changes. We would be happy to inform you based on your online booking how we can offer your bike holiday.
- 319 km bike
- 95 % car free roads, flat bike path, 5 % secondary roads and main through-roads
- for many the most beautiful bike path in Europe
- Cycle path quality
to Passau. Handover of rental bikes at the Donau Touristik Infopoint or at your arrival hotel. Parking space close to the bike rental.Day 2, Wesenufer/Schlögen (40 km)
Via Obernzell and Engelhartszell (Abbey) to the natural wonder "Schlögener Schlinge".Day 3, Linz (56 km)
Romantically route through the hardly populated narrow valley to Aschach; via Eferding (castle, church) to the EU capital of culture 2009. An additional overnight stay gives you the opportunity for extensive sightseeing including vouchers with a total value of € 20.- for many stores, cafés and restaurants.Day 4, Wallsee/Au (42 km)
On the Danube Cycle Path through the region "Machland" via the Abwinden power plant to Mauthausen and the destination of the day.Day 5, Maria Taferl/Marbach (56 km)
Through the region "Strudengau" with the romantic "Hößgang" to Ybbs and to the daily destination, the second largest pilgrimage city of Austria or Marbach.Day 6, Krems/Traismauer (51/66 km)
Past Melk (abbey) to Spitz, by ferry to Arnsdorf and further on into the UNESCO-world-heritage-city Krems or Traismauer.Day 7, Vienna (59/74 km)
Into Tulln, the city of flowers, and further on to Höflein. Return of rental bikes and to the centre of Vienna by metro (half-hourly service, approx. € 6.- payable on spot) to the centre of Vienna or by bike to the hotel.Day 8, Journey home
On Saturday return by bus from hotel in Vienna and from June to August also every Sunday; remaining days (Monday to Friday) by train (2nd class/free choice of train, 2-hour intervals) to Passau. You can take your own bikes with you on the return journey by bus or on the day of your return Monday and Friday by handing them in at the hotel in Vienna the day before for € 30.- (e-bike € 36.-). Remaining days on your own by train, bike ticket payable on spot.
- 7 x overnight stay incl. breakfast buffet
- Transport fee from place to place to Vienna including liability up to € 700, - per person as well as rental bike (deduction for own bike - € 90.-) + saddlebag
- Private parking space in Passau (unguarded)
- Danube-experience package
- Return transfer per bus/train according to route
- Info package incl. tour map
- GPS-Data of the tour if required
- 7-days phone service line
local taxes up to € 2.50 per person and night, train ride Pöstlingberg.
Our Danube-experience package includes the following vouchers:
- 1 x coffee and cake in selected cafè
- Admission to the theatre in Grein
- Admission to garden exhibition in Tulln
- Wine tasting in Klosterneuburg
If you have a cheaper offer for bike tours, bike and boat tours or cruises with the same services or dates at the time of booking, please send us a copy of the offer by e-mail. If you book at Donau Touristik, you will receive the best price.