- Start of your bike tour in Rothenburg, the epitome of German romance with unique half-timbered houses and a particularly beautiful old town.
- Ansbach, with the highly interesting Hohenzollern residence, is located on the way.
- Return transfer by bus directly from the hotel in Regensburg to avoid various change of trains
Arrival every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from April 29th to October 1st
Offseason: September 25th to October 1st
Low Season: April 29th to May 8th, June 2nd to July 3rd and September 1st to 24th
High Season: May 12th to 29th and July 7th to August 28th
The light blue dates in the calendar are very popular dates. These can be booked online, but there may be surcharges or hotel or location changes. We would be happy to inform you based on your online booking how we can offer your bike holiday.
- 291 km by bike
- very well marked and car-free cycle path
- slightly hilly on the 2nd day, otherwise flat
- Cycle path quality
To Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Distribution of travel documents at the Infopoint Hotel Goldenes Fass.Day 2, Ansbach (49 km)
Issue of rental bikes. Initially slightly hilly to the Altmühlquelle; past the castle Hohenzollern in Colmberg to Ansbach. Guided tour of the residence (with one of the largest orangeries in the world).Day 3, Wettelsheim/Weißenburg (62 km)
Past Ornbau to the lake Altmühl near Gunzenhausen and on to the Karlsgraben. Continue to Weißenburg; Franconian menu with wine accompaniment.Day 4, Eichstätt (50 km)
Through the valley of Altmühl Nature Park past Solnhofen and the Twelve Apostles rock group into the old bishop's town. Individual visit (cathedral, castle Willibald, „Guardian Angel“ church).Day 5, Beilngries (44 km)
Via Walting and Arnsberg (castle) to Kipfenberg (castle, townscape) and to the destination for the day.Day 6, Essing/Kelheim (39/48 km)
Via Dietfurt, where the Rhine-Main-Danube Canal meets the Altmühl, to Riedenburg (entrance to the Crystal Museum) and to Essing or Kelheim.Day 7, Regensburg (47/38 km)
Continue by bike past Saal an der Donau and Bad Abbach to the UNESCO World Heritage city of Regensburg, which is well worth seeing.Day 8, Return home
Return by train (Sunday to Friday, 3 x change) or return by bus (every Saturday) to Rothenburg. Transfer of your own bike by bus every Friday and Sunday for an extra charge of € 30.- (e-bike € 36.-) possible. Bike drop-off the day before until 5 pm at the hotel in Regensburg (if train/bus organized by us).
- 7 x overnight stay with breakfast buffet
- Parking (unguarded)
- Transport fee from place to place to Regensburg including liability up to € 700, - per person as well as rental bike (discount for own bike - € 90.-) + saddlebag
- Admission and guided tour of Ansbach Residence
- Admission to the Riedenburg Crystal Museum
- Return by train/bus
- Information package with tour map
- GPS data on request
- 7-day service telephone
city tax up to € 3.- per person and night.
If you have a cheaper offer for bike tours, bike and boat tours or cruises with the same services or dates at the time of booking, please send us a copy of the offer by e-mail. If you book at Donau Touristik, you will receive the best price.